Tuesday 19 October 2010

Ray Christie



Tuesday 19th October

I'll admit that Cllr Ray Christie and I didn't always see eye-to-eye. He and I approached 'Town & Country Planning' from different ends of the spectrum. I, as a graduate turned developer and he as an old local planning committee hand.

However, what was never in dispute was Ray Christie's dedication to his subject. On many occasion, he would address the Windlesham Parish Council's Planning Committee with a breadth of knowledge and experience drawn from his years at SHBC and would very often attend meetings having just finished his inspections of a locally contentious sites.

So it is with great sadness that I am putting another obituary on the blog. Unlike a lot of Parish Councillors who tend to come and go with little to add, Ray will be sorely missed at Windlesham.


Ray's funeral service will be held at 'All Saint's Church', Lightwater on Thursday 21st October, at 1.30 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment