Saturday 19 December 2009

The Busiest Man in Surrey Heath


Thursday 17th December

No - not me, although I think I run him a close second - what with local government responsibilities, businesses to run a wife and two sons under five - but the Mayor of Surrey Heath, Cllr Craig Fennell.

As a fellow Borough Councillor, I bump into Criag quite often but knowing of his full civic schedule, I hadn't expected to see him at the Park St Carol Service on Thursday, particularly given the artic (or is it continental polar?) conditions.

I had taken my son along to sing some carols and had to duck into 'Primark' - or as my wife calls it, 'Primani' - to equip the boy with the requisite thermal gloves and scarf in order that he might cope with the conditions and although he was disappointed that Criag was not in fact a pirate seemed to enjoy the post concert coffee that we all enjoyed afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment