Thursday 23 July 2009

Your Village Needs You!

Thursday 23rd July

Local design statements are a way for local people to have a say in new development in their area and provide a valuable way for local people to make a positive input into the planning process at an early stage. Correctly undertaken, they can form part of local planning policy, thereby guiding development in an area for a number of years.

Last week I was invited to join a 'Bagshot Village Plan Working Group' meeting in Bagshot. The team are currently working on a village questionnaire in order that all Bagshot residents will be able to voice their opinions on what they would and wouldn't like to see in Bagshot over the next ten years.

I was there in my capacity as elected representative, but I was able to guide the team in my professional capacity too, particularly in respect of Planning Gain and the use of development as an enabling tool for community facilities. I'm a great proponent of relaxing our conservation area status in order to allow Bagshot to receive the regeneration it desperately requires and I shall continue to make that case at the Working Group, Parish and County levels.

This is a great opportunity to have your say and affect local policy. There is a forthcoming meeting and a questionnaire to complete and would urge you to get involved.
I shall also be providing updates as we go forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment