Sunday 17 May 2009

Bagshot Village Day


Saturday 16th May

May sees a number of superb local events in the diary; in recent weeks we've seen the Lightwater Village Fete and the Surrey Heath Show to name but two and this weekend it was the turn of Bagshot. With my business based in Bagshot, it was a great chance to come into the village on a more social basis and I took the opportunity to bring along my wife and two sons.

This seemed to be the order of the day, since we only just missed Michael Gove MP (whom I'd seen that morning during one of our door-to-door canvassing outings) and his wife Sarah & family in addition to the stalwart Bagshot faces including Cllr Mrs White and the ubiquitous Glyn Carpenter. Even Jeremy Vine, who happens to be staying locally, put in an appearance.

I must say that these sort of events are a real boon to a village such as Bagshot. I'm hoping that next time we can make the event even bigger!

No comments:

Post a Comment