Monday 2 August 2010

Swift Movement by SHBC



Sunday 1st August.

The childrens play area at Lightwater Country Park is, in my opinion, one of the best in the Borough. Not only is it clean, safe and well maintained, a trip there allows children and adults alike to enjoy a 'smorgasbord' of woodland, heathland and lakes and even feed the ducks that congregate on the lower pond.

I made a trip there with my two sons on Sunday afternoon and had the chance to inspect the barrier that you may recall yours truly made great efforts to have erected last year after local residents complained of considerable anti-social behaviour. Seemingly the previous week, some local 'yobboes' had broken the barrier in an attempt to exit the park after the barrier had come down and I am delighted to be able to report that the Leisure Dept at SHBC had already dealt with the problem before receiving my communication that it had been broken.

Bravo! Swift work indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment