Tuesday 12 January 2010

Twitter & Iain Dale for dinner

Tuesday 12th January

My 'Twitter' experiment is developing. I had originally envisaged recruiting a number of local 'followers', but the experiement has led me to begin using the format as an up-to-the-minute news feed.

Effectively, 'Twitter' works on the basis of each account holder signing up to get updates from - or following - other account holders, thereby being consistently updated by those account holders as to their daily -or indeed hourly - exertions. I have started to follow not only several individuals, but also companies, brands and news companies with the result that when I log on to 'Twitter', whether it be from home, the office or even on the move from my iPhone, I have a one page update on all the matters that I am interested in.
So for example, last week I was consistently updated by 'Sky News' about the weather & travel, 'The New Statesman' about the coup that never was and Iain Dale, Tory political blogger about the 'Robinson Affair', all at the touch of a button, or in my case a sweep of the screen.

I don't have time to regularly follow Iain's online blog, but I do find some of his 'tweets' quite useful in pointing up items of Tory interest, particularly the Westminster comment. As such, I am looking forward to meeting him in a fortnight's time at an opportunity occasioned by a meeting of the locally based 'Curzon Supper Club', held at 'The Half Moon' pub in Windlesham on Thursday 28th January and asking him about blogging, party prospects and other elements of his 'Twitter' experience.

Tickets for this dinner are available from Robin Horsley - http://curzonsupperclub.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link Stuart! Tickets are selling fast for this one - so book soon!

    ReplyDelete