Monday 28 September 2009

Macmillan Cancer Support


Friday 26th September

County & commercial interests have taken precedence this last ten days or so and I've been to County Hall several times for Planning Committees & Schools & Learning Committees, in addition to Project Managing some building works in Camberley, so I was looking forward to the relative panacea of working back at our Bagshot office on Friday.

As I examined the relative merits of a site we are looking to purchase in Thames Ditton and coralled the selling agents regards a site we are selling in Shepperton, The Mayor of Surrey Heath, Cllr Craig Fennell, called to invite me to attend a coffee function in aid of 'Macmillan Cancer Support', hosted by the team at 'Sunrise Senoir Living' in Bagshot.
Macmillan is the subject of the 'Mayor's Charity' this year and I'm a supporter of the work that the charity does, so naturally I was delighted to be able to accept the invitation and spent the end of the morning assisting the Mayor with drawing the raffle.

Quite how the Mayor and I ended up with seven winning tickets - although we did recall the tickets each time - remains a matter of a steward's enquiry...


Pledge your support for Macmillan at www.macmillan.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment