Monday 22 April 2013

Going Fishing


Monday 22nd April


Now that the smoke is clearing, I thought it might be interesting for some of you to have further insights on a number of subjects I've experienced over the years.

The first one of interest is one of the most recent and concerns the 'Crimestoppers' Rewards scheme. My personal feeling about the entire experience can be found elsewhere on this blog, but as one who has been the subject of one of these anonymous phone calls within the last year, I suspect that you might be particularly interested to know the details.

This is exactly how it works.

For those of you without a browser that enables this link to be opened easily, the scheme works as follows:
Upon seeing a suspected offence being committed, a person calls Crimestoppers. They are given a PIN number. They then call back 24-48 hours later to see whether charges have been brought. If charges have been pressed, the caller is asked which bank they would care to pick up the reward from. Anonymously, the caller goes to said bank, repeats the PIN number and is subsequently handed cash.

The person who made the call in my case received £770 for their trouble.

The disqualification period & rehabilitation education was enough for me to have learned an extremely valuable lesson throughout this experience. But for those of you still not convinced by my experience, be warned.

It turns out that the person responsible for my call makes a second living out of making them.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment