Thursday 5 May 2011

Royal Wedding Fever




Friday 29th April

Yes. I caught the fever.

I raised the flag at home, donned the most british item I had in the wardrobe and having watched the wedding, marched the family down into Bagshot to attend the wedding day street party.
Perhaps it was the balmy weather; perhaps it was the cool, refreshing beverages; perhaps it was the superb effort made by organisers & attendees; or perhaps it was simply the occasion, but a great time was had by all.

Many thanks to Glyn Carpenter of the BBA and all who assisted in making it happen. And thanks to Cllr John May, the Mayor of Surrey Heath, who also attended and got into the spirit. It was certainly the best public event I've been to in Bagshot and I'm looking forward to the next one being even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment